Create Google Geo Chart
This article provides a step by step example of how to create a Google GeoChart.
A Geochart is a map of a country, continent, or region. In the region mode, it colorizes whole regions such as countries, provinces, or states.
Google documentation on GeoChart API can be found at https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/geochart
1. Choose a Report that contains region data
Choose a report that includes region data. In this example the country column contains the region data.
2. Adjust Display Name for chart columns
Ensure that the Display Name for the columns that you will be charting do not contain spaces
3. Add the Chart
- Navigate to the Charts and Pivots tab
- Click + Chart button
4. Full Chart Editor Displays
- Set Chart Name
- Select Region data column as X-axis values
- Set X-axis title
- Set Y-axis title
Save & preview
5. Review Chart
If the chart meets expectations:
- Close preview
- Update live report