Set up API Access
To configure your Metric Insights instance for API Access, you should create a secret key by the means of which your API client can access the data.
Once you set up API Access you can use most of the API calls. A few calls are unavailable until you set up specific access for them.
1. Access Admin Menu > Credentials > External Applications
- Select [+ New External Application] from list of existing External Applications
- Define the name of an External Application
- Save your entry.
The External Application Editor opens.
2. Define the External Application
- Enable your API
- Click Show Credentials
- The Application ID and Application key are now available to you
3. To enable User API calls
- Set User management access to 'yes'
3.1. If 'User management access' is inactive
If User management access is not enabled (as shown in Step 3), then user API calls will fail.
A sample error message returned in the API Toolkit with status code 401 Unauthorized
4. To enable API calls from External Web Sites
- Set Cross Domain Access to 'yes'
- Once this option is enabled, a new dynamic field appears on the page.
- Click [+ New Cross Domain Origin] to add specific web sites that will access the API