Mobile Application Overview (Version 1.3) Compatible with MI 4.1 and 4.2
Metric Insights mobile application is a solution to get the most out of your analytics. With this app, your data is always within easy reach anytime and anywhere. You can create Alert rules, subscribe to Metrics and Reports storing the data of the highest value, and receive instant notifications whenever anomalies occur.
MOBILE 1.3 IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH WEB 4.1 AND 4.2.
See video for overview of functions available
Signing into your account for the first time
Start using the application by establishing connection with Metric Insights:
- Provide a link to your instance
- Authenticate to the mobile application via the same credentials that are used for the web version of Metric Insights. After the initial login the system pairs web account and mobile device and starts sending alerts and essential updates as push notifications. For more details on setting up push notifications, see Push Notifications
NOTE: You need to sign in only when you start the application for the first time.
In a new Version, the application Homepage has been redesigned for a more compact overview of all metrics, allowing you to scan through quickly and see trends and impacted metrics together at a glance.
- Filter options: You can filter elements by Categories and Topics to narrow the Homepage content display. Subcategories are displayed at the same hierarchical level as Categories in a Mobile app
- Search by keywords: Tap the Magnifier icon and enter keywords or full element name to search for specific elements, including the hidden ones
- Element Details: Essential element details, such as profit, losses or other deviations have been added below element name
- Reviewing element updates: You can quickly find out whether some elements have recent Alerts, Annotations or Notes without leaving your Homepage. To review the element updates, tap the element row to open its Viewer
Setting up the Homepage Default Content
Metric Insights mobile application is getting more flexible with additional options for configuring content display. Every user may choose which Metrics and Reports that should be displayed at the Homepage by default. This option gives a great opportunity to focus on what matters the most at the moment.
NOTE: The default content of the Mobile app Homepage can be configured only from the Desktop application.
To specify which Folder of Category should be displayed at the Homepage when you open Metric Insights mobile application:
- In the drop-down menu under your Username click My Display
- In the Homepage Display section define the Folder to Start your Mobile Application in
- Save your settings
Metric Viewer was simplified to create a more refined experience:
- Sharing elements. Share Charts with other MI Users by tapping this option and in the opened pop-up enter username/email or tap Share with to select Users directly from the list. You can also add a personal note to this element available only to the person you are sharing it with.
- Adding Annotations and Events. Tap an Event or Annotation button to add one to an element and provide required information in the opened pop-up.
- Alternative View options. You can change the format of data display (select other dimensions (if applicable), Measurement Intervals, related elements) and Chart view options (Standard, Stoplight. Statistical).
- Date range displayed. Define the interval by selecting a specific time span (7days, 4 weeks, 2 months, etc.) above the chart, by swiping the Chart to the left or to the right or by using standard pinch-in and pinch out gestures.
- Managing lines display. Tap the line Legend to show/hide it from the Chart.
- Adding notes to Chart. Flick down below to add a note to this element and to share your observations/ideas with other MI Users. Enter your comment in the Add a Note field and tap Post this Note.
Improvements to adding Annotations
When adding Annotations to Metrics using the desktop version of the MI application, an option to show this Annotation on other selected Metrics is available. For more information refer to Add an Annotation (Version 4).
To avoid high phone resource consumption, this feature has been removed from the mobile application and now Annotations can be added to a singe Metric only.
- Deep linking: When the application is deployed via enterprise distribution, we now have the ability to recognize Metric Insights links and open in MI Mobile rather than web browser
- Landscape mode: You can now use application in a landscape mode on any page