Alerting for Admin and Power Users (Version 4.2 / 5.0)
Only Power Users and Administration User see the New menu.
KPI Alerts Overview
1. There are 3 main types of alerts
- KPI Alerts are created to show changes occurring in Metrics
- Report Alerts are created to show changes in Reports
- Global Alerts are applied across a broad range of metrics
2. New KPI Alert pop-up
- New Metric option allows you to create a Metric using the Metric Creation Wizard with the final step being Add alert rules
- Existing Metric option will ask you to select a Metric and then will transfer directly to a series of pop-ups to Add alert rules
2.1. Next step: Basics of KPI Alert Rules
- Select the type of comparison you wish to create
- Determine if you want to 'share' your alert or keep it private
- Wizard will guide you through the steps required to complete the Alert
3. New Report Alert pop-up
- Select a report - this must be a SnapShot report: one that keeps History.
- Select receive Report when any data exists or when there are specific changes from prior report
- Select link here to see a more detailed description of Report Alerts
4. New Global Alert pop-up - only available to Admin Users
Global Alerts can be created with any of the KPI Alert choices plus four special alert rules
- The basis for the Stoplight is specific to each Metric based on the settings in Metric Editor / Stoplights tab a
- The Unusual value is determined by setting of Statistical View (# of Standard Deviations) in Metric Editor / Charting tab.
- Best ever and Worst ever values for this Metric
Both of these values are determined individually for each Metric