[KPI Alert Rules] Basics for the Alert Wizards
There are multiple variations of Alert Wizard, the correct one will be chosen for you based on where you begin to create an alert. For an example, this article will use the KPI Alert Creation Wizard as an example. The other wizards are very similar in design.
The various comparison options are explained pictorially here.
Create new KPI alert rule
- Admin and Power Users can access the wizard from New > Alert Rule > KPI Alert
- All Users can access the wizard via the Metric Viewer > Alert icon > Add Alert rules pop-up > [ + New rule]
Coming from the New menu, requires choice of an existing metric
. After metric create, a similar set of wizard steps will allow you to create a KPI alert
Alternatively, if New Metric is selected, you will first create a metric based on an existing report
1. Select the Type of rule
2. Select the Alert criteria
3. Select Method of Alert delivery (or none)
4. Select exactly what the Content of Alert will contain
You can customize the defaults for:
- The Subject line displayed for both email and phone alerts
- The text that displays on Viewers and in emails for this Alert
- You have the option to display Nothing with the Alert or an Alternative Visualization (you then select a report from drop-down)
- Additional message is optional
The Preview & Test section will display the Content as you change it - you can also trigger a Test Alert to be generated to verify spacing for the alert.
You will be automatically subscribed to this Alert