Establish connectivity to Google Play Console
This article describes how to connect to Google Play Console in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
- Before you use any Google plugin resources, you must have registered your server with Google. See Integrating Metric Insights with Google Services for more information.
- Creating Google Plugin Data Sources in Metric Insights requires the usage of Client Credentials. For details, check Obtaining Client Application Credentials from Google Projects
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
2. Select Type of New Data Source
- Select "Other" and choose "Google Play Console" from the drop-down list
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name is defaulted but you may modify it
Bucket ID: the ID of a private Google Cloud Storage bucket where all Google Play Console reports are stored
- For more information, click Download & export monthly reports
- Client ID: enter the Client ID Token for authentication
- Client Secret: input the Client secret
- [Save]: you need to save your settings before you can get the Token
- Click [Get Token]. The token will be provided only for a specific Google account, so the system will prompt you to select the account you want to use.
4. Select your Google Account
On the Google sign-in pop-up, select the account for which the Token will be generated.
5. Allow Access to your Google Account
- Click [Allow]
After accepting access request from Metric Insights, you will be provided with a Token.
6. Provide Optional Parameters
Having obtained the Token, you can configure Optional Parameters.
Application Filter variable allows you to fetch your Google Play Console Reports using a filter.
- Click the Edit (Gear) icon to specify the Value against which your external Google Reports will be collected
- Go to the Google Play Console Objects tab
- Click [Refresh list] to generate a Report List for the specified filter value
7. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector] under Remote Collectors settings
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Google Play Console plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Google Play Console Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
8. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to the Data Source to Groups or Power Users