How to collect data from Google Calendar
An Event Calendar can be populated automatically based on entries sourced from a Google Calendar. With this capability a User can maintain a set of planned events in a Google Calendar (for example, promotions or seasonal sales) and have them automatically appear in Metric Insights.
This article assumes that you have already established connectivity with Google via Google Calendar Plugin that should serve as your Event Source.
For more information on Event Calendars and how they are applied to Metrics, refer to the following articles:
1. Access Admin > Event Calendars
At the bottom of the page click [+ New Event Calendar].
2. Input Calendar Specifications
On the "Add Event Calendar" pop-up:
- Input a descriptive Name
- Applies to list of: you can assign this Event Calendar either to individual Metrics by adding them to the Event Calendar one by one, assign it to Metrics of a specific Measure (for example, Sales, Profit, etc.), or to the Metrics belonging to certain Topics or Categories
- Event Source: select your Google Calendar plugin Data Source
- Choose the Calendar that includes the needed Events
- Save your entries. You will be redirected to the Event Editor.
3. Configure the Data Collection
- Set the Data Collection Trigger to automatically update the list of events in this Event Calendar
- Input Plugin command (use MIQL to write a query)
- To learn more, go to MIQL Syntax Guide for Plugins
- Entire field names that contain special characters, aggregation and commas must be enclosed in quotes (single or double).
- It is acceptable to enclose all fields and values in quotes.
[…] + Notation is used to signify that the MIQL parts of a statement are optional/can be repeated.
4. Plugin command will be validated and Data Collected on Save from Visual Editor
Having entered the Plugin command:
- Validate: If your statement is valid, the statement box is green; if there are any errors, the box is colored in red and errors will be explained in the field below
- Collect Data
- Save. Once saved, the Event Calendar is ready to be used and associated with one or more Metrics