Hide and Un-Hide Events
Each Event icon shown on a chart has a mouse-over display containing several options: Add comment, Hide, Edit and Delete Event.
There are few options to hide events that you are viewing while they always remain visible to other users viewing the same charts:
Rules governing display of Events:
- In general, Key Events are always automatically shown while simple Events are only displayed when determined to be Impacting; i.e., Statistically Significant.
- When you Hide Event, the chart is automatically regenerated and this Event is removed from your chart
- All other users continue to see see the Event that you hid
- A hidden Event remains hidden for 24 hours before it is re-surfaced automatically
1. Hiding all Events from the Chart
- To hide all Events from the Chart, single-click the Events legend button below the Range Selector. Once the Events legend is dimmed, all Events are hidden from the Chart
- To make Events visible again, single-click the Events legend button one more time
2. Hiding Events from specific Event Calendars
- Events from different Event Calendars are usually shown in different colors
- If you wish to hide events from a specific calendar from the Сhart, click Overlay Metrics below the Chart legend. The pop-up screen opens
- Find an Event Calendars table and define which of the calendars should be shown at the Сhart be checking / unchecking respective boxes
- If you are an Admin user, you can make these settings default for other Users. NOTE: They will still be able to set up their custom view though
- Save your changes
Now you can see Events from a selected Event Calendar only.
3. Hiding a single Event from the Chart
NOTE: If you hide a specific Event from the Chart(s), it always remains visible to other users viewing the same Chart(s) unless it is deleted.
3.1. Hide the Event from the Chart
- Mouse over the Event icon to display Event information and options
- Click the Hide button. The Chart refreshes automatically and the hidden Event becomes invisible in your account.
Rules governing Hidden Event display:
- If the original user logs in before 24-hours have passed since the event was hidden, the hidden Event is still NOT visible
- After 24-hours have passed, the Event is visible to the original user upon reopening the chart, even if that user has not logged off and back on