Establish connectivity to Adobe Analytics
This article describes how to connect to Adobe Analytics server in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plugins can be found here
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
Select [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select the Type of New Data Source
- Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Adobe Analytics" from the drop-down list.
- Move to the Next step.
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name: provide a unique name for your Data Source
- Username: enter your credential in the following format [Username :Company Name]
- Plugin Password: specify a Secret Key for this connection profile
- Save your entries
- Test Connection
If your connection is successful, you may move on to Advanced settings.
4. Advanced Settings
- Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default. If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector].
Generate Object List: This setting influences options available in the Adobe Analytics Objects tab:
- In the Adobe Analytics Objects tab click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be refreshed/add by the system
- (Optional)[New in 5.3.2] Object List Refresh Trigger will appear allowing you to schedule the Refresh function to run automatically
- Reports must be added one-by-one or via CSV file in the Adobe Analytics Objects tab
- Object Selection Method: specify how Adobe Analytics Objects will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Objects for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to the Data Source to Groups or Power Users