Establish Connectivity to Adobe Analytics
This article describes how to connect to Adobe Analytics server in order to use its reports as Data Sources in Metric Insights
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plugins can be found here
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Adobe Analytics" from the drop-down list
Move to the Next step
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name: provide a unique name for your Data Source
- Username: enter your credential in the following format [Username : Company Name]
- Plugin Password: specify a Secret Key for this connection profile
- Save your entries
- Test Connection
If your connection is successful, you may move on to Advanced settings.
4. Advanced Settings
- Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default. If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector].
Generate Object List:
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data from Adobe Analytics
- Object Selection Method: specify how Adobe Analytics Objects will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Objects for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users