How to establish connectivity to Google Play Console
This article describes how to connect to Google Play Console in order to use the files from this Data Source as the basis for the future External Reports in Metric Insights.
Before you use any Google plugin resources, you must have registered your server with Google. See Registering Your Server with Google for more information.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Google Play Console" from the drop-down list
Proceed with creating a Data Source by moving to the Next step.
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name is defaulted but you may modify it as required
- Bucket ID: the ID of a private Google Cloud Storage bucket where all Google Play Console reports are stored
- Client ID: enter the Client ID Token for authentication
- Client Secret: input the Client secret
- Click the Get Token button
3.1. Getting token for multiple Google accounts
When attempting to get a token, the system redirects you to the Google page to confirm your consent to fetch data. If you haven’t logged in to any account in this browser, Google will offer a list of your accounts to choose from. If you have already logged into some of your Google accounts in this browser, Google will automatically offer to allow fetching data from it, but you can switch to another account or add a new one by clicking an arrow at the upper right corner of the screen. You are free to create several Google Play Console Data Sources in Metric Insights, each of them getting data from a separate Google account.
3.2. Supply Optional Parameters
Application Filter Variable allows you to fetch your Google Play Console Reports using a filter.
- Click the Edit (Gear) icon to specify the Value against which your external Google Reports will be collected
- Go to the Google Play Console Objects tab
- Click [Refresh list] to generate a Report List for the specified filter value
4. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector] under Remote Collectors settings
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Google Play Console plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Google Play Console Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users
How to collect data from Google Play Console