How to collect data from Google Play Console
A Metric Insights' Dataset or element can be populated automatically based on data fetched from Google Play Console.
You must have already established connectivity to Google Play Console via the respective plugin connection profile.
This article describes how to create a Dataset from the Plugin Data Sources Editor.
1. Plugin Data Sources Editor > Datasets tab
- Access Plugin Data Sources Editor > Datasets tab
- Click [New Dataset]
You will be redirected to the Dataset Editor
2. Dataset Editor > Info tab
- Measured: select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set.
- Collecting: new Datasets are always disabled by default to make sure that you can take time to configure them properly before enabling. This setting is duplicated at the top of the screen.
- Name: provide a unique name for your Dataset. Preferably, the Dataset name should explain what kind of data it contains.
- Description: optionally, provide any additional information about your Dataset.
- Category: specify the Category where you Dataset will be placed.
Move to the Data tab to define the source of data and how often it should be updated.
3. Define the Settings for Data Collection
- Data Source: select the connection profile you have created for Google Play Console
- Data collection trigger: specify the Trigger that will be used to collect data for your Dataset
- Google Play Report: select an external Google Play report that should serve as a basis of your Dataset
- Input a Plugin Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Google Play Console. Alternatively, use the Visual Editor.
- Once you are ready with you command, click Validate
3.1. Example using the Visual Editor
The Google Play Console Query Builder allows constructing commands without the need to learn the plugin syntax and avoiding typos/mistakes.
- Select the fields for your Dataset
- Optionally, add Derived fields and/or Count of duplicate rows
Save your settings. Plugin command validating will start automatically.
4. Plug-in command will be validated and Data Collected on Save
- If the command is validated successfully, the Dataset columns and Data Preview are going to be shown below.
- At the upper right corner of the screen click Enable & publish.