How to establish connectivity to Google Calendar
This article describes how to connect to Google Calendar in order to retrieve Event data as Data Sources in Metric Insights.
Before you use any Google plug-in resources, you must have registered your server with Google. See Registering Your Server with Google for more information.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Google Calendar" from the drop-down list
Proceed with creating a Data Source by moving to the Next step.
3. Provide the Required Google Calendar Parameters
- Data Source Name is defaulted but you may modify to something more meaningful
- Click the Get Token button
3.1. Getting token for multiple Google accounts
When attempting to get a token, the system redirects you to the Google page to confirm your consent to fetch data. If you haven’t logged in to any account in this browser, Google will offer a list of your accounts to choose from. If you have already logged into some of your Google accounts in this browser, Google will automatically offer to allow fetching data from it, but you can switch to another account or add a new one by clicking an arrow at the upper right corner of the screen. You are free to create several Google Calendar Data Sources in Metric Insights, each of them getting data from a separate Google account.
4. Advanced Configuration
Generate Object List: This setting influences options available in the Google Calendar Object List tab:
automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- [New in 5.3.2] Object List Refresh Trigger will appear allowing you to schedule the Refresh function
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users