Establish connectivity to Google Spreadsheet
In order to retrieve data from a Google Spreadsheet, you first must create a Plugin Data Source. This article covers the creation process.
Before using any Google plugin resource, you must register your server with Google. See Registering Your Server with Google for more information.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Google Spreadsheet" from the drop-down list
3. Provide the Required Google Spreadsheet Parameters
- Provide a unique descriptive name
- Click Generate New Token
Allow access when requested by Google side.
Save your settings and Test Connection.
3.1. Getting token for multiple Google accounts
When attempting to get a token, the system redirects you to the Google page to confirm your consent to fetch data. If you haven’t logged in to any account in this browser, Google will offer a list of your accounts to choose from. If you have already logged into some of your Google accounts in this browser, Google will automatically offer to allow fetching data from it, but you can switch to another account or add a new one by clicking an arrow at the upper right corner of the screen. You are free to create several Google Spreadsheet Data Sources in Metric Insights, each of them getting data from a separate Google account.
4. Advanced Configuration
- External Reports fetch method: This setting influences options available in the Google Spreadsheet Report List tab:
- automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users