How to Collect Data from Basecamp 2
This article describes how to create an Element using Basecamp as a data source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to your Basecamp 2 account.
1. Access New > Report
- Name the Report: Define a unique descriptive name of your element
- Reported: choose the measurement interval from the drop-down list
- Category: define a category this element belongs to
- To move on to defining data collection details, click Next: Define Report
2. Full Editor displays the Data Collection tab
- Data Source: select the account you have created for Basecamp 2
- Data Collection Schedule: Specify the trigger that will be used to collect the data for your report
- Input Plug-in Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Basecamp 2 (manually or using the Visual Editor)
- Once you are ready with you command, click Show Data.
3. Plug-in command will be validated and Data Collected on Save from Visual Editor
If the command is validated successfully, the Sample Results set and Report columns are going to be shown below.
At the upper right corner of the screen click Update live Report