Establish Connectivity to Splunk
This article describes the process of creating a plug-in Data Source to connect to Splunk. This Data Source will allow to build elements using Metric Insights tools.
1. Add new Data Source
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Splunk Reports" from the drop-down list
Move to the Next step.
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name: defaults to a unique name, but may be modified to a descriptive name of your own
- Server: Define the server protocol (http or https) and a hostname
- Username / Password: Note that your Username must be in the same format that your Splunk server uses for authentication
- Save your entries and Test Connection
4. Advanced Configuration
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data using the Splunk plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Splunk Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
5. Full Data Source Editor displayed
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users