Establish Connectivity to Splunk
This article describes the process of creating plug-in Data Source to connect to Splunk. This Data Source will allow to build elements using Metric Insights tools.
1. Add new Data Source
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Splunk" from the drop-down list
Move to the Next step.
3. Enter Connection Settings and Save
- Data Source Name: defaults to a unique name, but may be modified to a descriptive name of your own.
- host: Define your Metric Insights host
- port: 8089
- Username / Password: This is the username and password you use to access the Task API Endpoint.
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
- Save your entries.
4. Full Data Source Editor displayed
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users