Establish connectivity to Elasticsearch
An Administrator can use the process described in this article to create a new Plugin Data Source to fetch data using Elasticsearch.
- Java 8 software must be installed and running on the same server as the Metric Insights' Data Collector.
- Elasticsearch configuration file must be created and added to the /Insightd (Windows) or /datacollector (Linux) directory.
The config file should contain the following Parameter Values:
- Cluster Name
- Inner Api Port
Place the Elasticsearch configuration file at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Metric Insights\Insightd\plugins(for Windows-based Data Collectors)
opt/mi/datacollector/plugins(for Linux-based Data Collectors)
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Elasticserach" from the drop-down list
Proceed with creating a Data Source by moving to the Next step.
3. Provide the Required Elasticsearch Parameters
- Data Source Name is defaulted but you may modify it
- Server: specify the endpoint server (can be local or remote)
- Username: Note that your Username must be in the same format that your Elasticsearch server uses for authentication
- Plugin Password: enter your password credential
- Elasticsearch cluster name: provide the name of your Elasticsearch cluster
- Elasticsearch Trasport API port: input the API communication port
Save your entries and Test Connection.
4. Advanced Configuration
If your connection is successful, you may move on to Advanced settings:
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector] under Remote Collectors settings
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Elasticsearch plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Elasticsearch Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
5. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to the Data Source to Groups or Power Users