How to create an External Report from Qlik Sense
This article will show you how to create an External Report that is linked to a report from your Qlik Sense server.
1. Access New > External Report > Qlik Sense
- The New External Report screen opens. Provide the following information:
- Give your new External Report a Name
- Define whether you want report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automatic Collection, define the following settings:
- Define the Report Image Trigger from drop-down list
- Select the Plugin Connection Profile you have created for Microsoft PowerBI
- Report: Select a required workbook available from the selected connection profile
- Click Next: define details to proceed with Report creation.
2. Full Editor displays the Images and Links tab
- Show Report in: Define whether the Report should be displayed in the Metric Insights Viewer or at an 'external web page'. NOTE: If you chose to 'Show report in external web page', you will not see your new report in the Metric Insights viewer when you are done with creating it. If you want to see your new Report, you can go to the Homepage and click the tile for your new report. Alternatively, you can reach it from Admin > Elements.
- The External Report URL will be generated automatically based on your other inputs. If you like, you can modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Collect Image:
- Always collect all instances of external report: Collect all images and cache them on a schedule.
- On Demand: only when needed for distribution: Individual images are only collected when they need to be included in an email.
- Enable and Publish