How to Collect Data Using the Tibco Spotfire Plugin
A Metric Insights' Dataset or element can be populated automatically based on data fetched from Tibco Spotfire.
You must have already established connectivity to Tibco Spotfire via the respective plugin connection profile.
This article shows how to create an External Report.
1. Access New > External Report > Tibco Spotfire
The New External Report screen opens. Provide the following information:
- Give your new External Report a Name
- Optionally, choose a Dimension
- Place your Report in a relevant Category and, optionally, add it to a Folder
Define whether you want Report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automatic Collection, define the following settings:
- Specify the Report Image Trigger from the drop-down list
- Select the Plugin Connection Profile you have created for Tibco Spotfire
- Report: Select a report available on the server
- Click Next: define details to proceed with Report creation
2. Additional Settings
- Viewer: The Report sourced from Tibco Spotfire is typically shown on the source (external) page. You can always change the default "External Webpage" setting to "Viewer".
- If required, you can apply filters to your Report data by clicking [+Tibco Spotfire Filter]
- The External Report URL will be generated automatically based on your other inputs. If you like, you can modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Save and Collect Image: click to create the Preview and Thumbnail images for display on the Homepage and Notifications.
- Enable and publish your Report
Verify display in Viewer (or on external Webpage)
The External Report is now available for use.
- Based on your display settings, the Report will either be shown in Tibco Spotfire (External Webpage) or in the Metric Insights Viewer.