How to Collect Data Using the Tibco Spotfire Plug-in
This article will show you how to create a Metric or Internal Report using Tibco Spotfire as a data source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to your desired Tibco Spotfire data source.
1. Access New > External Report > Microsoft PowerBI
The New External Report screen opens. Provide the following information:
- Give your new External Report a Name
- Define whether you want report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automatic Collection, define the following settings:
- Define the Report Image Trigger from drop-down list
- Select the Plugin Connection Profile you have created for Tibco Spotfire
- Report: Select a report available on the server
- Click Next: define details to proceed with Report creation.
2. Additional Settings
- Viewer: The report sourced from PowerBI is typically shown at the source page, so make sure to set this field to "external page".
- The External Report URL will be generated automatically based on your other inputs. If you like, you can modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Collect Image:
- Always collect all instances of external report: Collect all images and cache them on a schedule.
- On Demand: only when needed for distribution: Individual images are only collected when they need to be included in an email.
- Save the settings
The External Report is now available for use.