How to collect data from IBM Cognos
This article will show you how to create a Metric or Report using a Cognos report as a data source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to your Cognos server.
1. Access New > Report
- Name the Report: Define a unique descriptive name of your element
- Reported: choose the measurement interval from the drop-down list
- Category: define a category this element belongs to
- To move on to defining data collection details, click Next: Define Report
2. Full Editor displays the Data Collection tab
- Data Source: select the account you have created for IBM Cognos
- Data Collection Schedule: Specify the trigger that will be used to collect the data for your report
- Report: select a Cognos Report that should serve as a basis of a new internal Report
- Input Plug-in Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Basecamp 2 (manually or using the Visual Editor)
- Once you are ready with you command, click Show Data
3. Plug-in command will be validated and Data Collected on Save from Visual Editor
- If the command is validated successfully, the Sample Results set and Report columns are going to br shown below.
- At the upper right corner of the screen click Update live Report