Establish connectivity to Beckon
This article describes the process of creating plug-in Data Source to connect to the Beckon server. This Data Source will allow data from existing Beckon objects to be used in building elements using Metric Insights tools.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Beckon" from the drop-down list
3. Provide the Required Beckon Parameters
Specify how to connect to Beckon. The parameters include:
- Data Source Name: Will default but you may modify it
- Enter your Api Key
- Account URL: if you have multiple sites, define the one you want to fetch data from
- Username / Password: Note that your Username must be in the same format that your Beckon server uses for authentication (it may be an email address)
- Save your entries and Test Connection
If your connection is successful, you may move on to Advanced settings.
4. Advanced Configuration
- External Reports fetch method: This setting influences options available in the Beckon Report List tab:
- automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users