Collect data from Beckon
This article demonstrates how to create a Metric or Report using a Beckon as a data source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to Beckon Server.
1. Access New > Metric
Provide the basic information required for creating a new metric:
- Define this Metric's Measure. If you do not see the measure that you want to use, you can create one directly from the bottom of this drop-down list
- Select the Measurement Interval that applies to your element
- Give the element a unique Name
- Optionally, assign a Category
- Click Next: define details
NOTE: To create a dimensioned Metric, you first need to create a Dimension sourced from the same data source.
2. Configure Data Collection
- Select the Beckon plug-in serving as a Data Source for this Metric
- Set the Data Collection Trigger which is going to initiate updating information in a Metric
- Select a Beckon Report (workbook) from drop-down list.
- Input Plugin Command manually (you may reference a table with parameters below) or use a Visual Editor
- Validate your command. If your statement is valid, the statement box is green; if there are any errors, the box is colored in red and errors will be explained in the field below.
- Collect Data and Enable and Publish