How to collect External Reports from Beckon
This article will show you how to create an External Report that is linked to a report from your Sisense server and is based on the assumption that you have already established connectivity to Beckon Server.
1. Access New > External Report > Beckon
The New External Report screen opens. Provide the following information:
- Give your new External Report a Name
- Report Type: If there is no required Report Type in the list, click the Plus (+) button and create a new one.
Define whether you want to report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automatic Collection, define the following settings:
- Define the Report Image Trigger from drop-down list
- Select the Plugin Connection Profile you have created for Sisense. For more details refer to Establish connectivity to Beckon
- Report: Select a required workbook available from the selected connection profile
- Click Next: define details to proceed with Report creation.
2. Additional Settings
- Viewer: The report sourced from Beckon is typically shown at the source page, so make sure to set this field to "external page".
- The External Report URL will be generated automatically based on your other inputs. If you like, you can modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Always collect all instances of external report: Collect all images and cache them on a schedule.
- On Demand: only when needed for distribution: Individual images are only collected when they need to be included in an email.
- Enable and Publish