How to collect data with File Metadata
This article explains how to create a Metric or Report using a File Metadata Object as a Data Source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to the File Metadata Data Source.
1. Access New > Report
- Define the Basics for your Report
- To continue defining data collection details, click Next: Define Details
2. Full Editor displays the Data Collection tab
- Data Source: select the connection profile you have created for the File Metadata plugin
- Data collection trigger: Specify the Trigger to be used to collect data for your Report
- Generic File Report: select an External Report to serve as a basis of a new internal Report
- Input Plugin Command: enter the command in MIQL (MetricInsights Query Language) listing all the data you would like to fetch
- Once you are ready with you command, click Show Data
3. Plug-in command will be validated and Data Collected on Save
- If the command is validated successfully, the Report columns and Data Preview are shown shown below in the Data Preview
- At the upper right corner of the screen click Enable & Publish.