Notification Schedule Security (Rel 5.5.0 and beyond)
Both Regular (RU's) and Power Users (PU's) can use any Public Notification Schedule for Bursts and other Collaborative Items; e.g., Alert Digest. They can also create a Private Notification Schedule using the Plus Sign (+) icon on the Burst Editor, using a small popup. A Private Schedule is only available to the user who created. No Privilege is required for either of these actions.
In previous releases, the "Allow user to create High Frequency Schedules" Privilege was made available to be granted to RU's and PU's on the User or Group Editor. With this Privilege, the user can create a Schedule with a frequency of a specified number of minutes or hours. Otherwise, the minimum frequency is one or more days.
In Release 5.5.0, PU with the related Privileges and Permissions can now access the full Notification Schedule Editor with the ability to grant Permissions to Groups and Power Users to Edit a specific Schedule. Two new Power User Privileges have been added for Notification Schedules:
- Access Full Notification Schedule Editor (Parent)
- Allow Power Users to grant Notification Schedule access to any Power User or Group (Child)
With the "Access Full Notification Schedule Editor" Privilege, a Power User sees a Notification Schedules entry in the Admin menu and, when selected, opens a Notification Schedule list page. There are Active Name links in the grid to allow the PU to open the editor of those Notification Schedules to which the user has Edit Access.
In addition, an Admin or a Power User with Edit Access can grant Edit Access Permission for a Group or Power User to a public Notification Schedule on one of the following:
- User Editor > Power User tab
- Group Editor > Power User tab
- Notification Schedule Editor > Permissions button (only visible on Public Schedules)
With the extended Security Privilege, "Allow Power Users to grant Notification Schedule access to any Power User or Group", a PU is not limited to granting access to Groups to which the user belongs and Power User Members of those Groups. Access may be assigned to any PU or Group.
Add Notification Schedule Privileges to User or Group
- Open public Notification Schedule Editor > Click Permissions button
- On Notification Schedule Permissions popup, Add User or Group
- On popup, either Provide "Use" or "Edit" Access
Functionality Added to Burst Editor
- On the Burst Editor > Content tab > Schedule Setting
- User always sees Add (plus sign Icon) that can be used to create a new schedule but when Power User has selected a Schedule to which the User has Edit Access, user also sees an Edit icon that can be used to Edit the selected Schedule on its full Editor.