Grant Power Users Element Edit Access via Element Ownership
Each element must have a Business and Technical Owner.
Making either a Regular or a Power User the Business Owner of any Element provides NO View Access to the element or access to its Dimension/Values (if any).
The following rules apply
- Regular User can not be a Technical Owner
- In Versions 4.2 and above, a Power User designated as the Technical Owner receives Edit Access to the element; i.e., the Element's tile has an Edit icon on the Power User's Homepage ONLY if
- Power User inherits or is directly granted Dimension access as well as at least one Dimension Value permission AND
- Power User has been granted the associated Create Content Privilege for associated non-configuration sources or Permission to use the element's SQL or Plug-in Data Source
- If the element is created from a Dataset (new in Version 5.0), the Power User must also be granted View access to the associated Dataset
- Changes from prior Versions: A Power User designated as the Technical Owner received full Edit Access to the element;
- A Power User that creates an element automatically becomes the Technical Owner and may not change this setting since the field is hidden from the Power User
- If an Admin changes the Technical Owner setting of an element created by a Power User, a warning message is received that the Power User will no longer have View or Edit Access to the element
- The Power User may assign any User to become a Business Owner of an element that he/she creates
1. Access the Element Editor's Ownership settings
- Open the Advanced tab
- Review ownership settings for Business owner and Technical owner
NOTE: When a NEW element is created:
- Business Owner: Defaults to the primary system Administrator configured for your instance of Metric Insights. You can choose another Business Owner from the drop-down list.
- Technical Owner: Defaults to the Administrator or Power User who created the element (If a Power User is the creator, the setting is hidden). An Administrator can choose another Technical Owner from the drop-down list.
- If you access an existing element, the contents of these settings reflect the most recent entries made/saved
2. Technical Owner Edit Access
- Assign a Power User to be the Technical Owner of a Dimensioned Element with a configurable Data Source
- Click Save and Preview
- A Warning message appears granting the Power User immediate Edit Access to the element as well as: access to the Dimension and all of its Dimension Values for this element only as well as Permission to use the element's Data Source as a fetch method for other elements, Events and Dimensions.
- Clicking OK grants Edit Access to the Power User designated as the element's Technical Owner