New 5.2 Security table
In Version 5.2 we are introducing a new way for Admin Users to set the Privileges and Permissions that can be granted within your Metric Insights installation. It also provides a means to define which of these allowed Privileges can be assigned by Power Users.
- Support Admin's ability to Include/Exclude Privileges from an instance
- Allow Admin to specify those Privileges that a Power User may/may not grant to others
- Modify Group and User Editor display of Privileges to include Grouping
Access the table from Admin > Utilities > Privileges
The Table will be presented for editing
- The Table is presented sorted by Privilege name, but you can limit the display by selecting a specific Group
- 'Y' = Privilege is available for an Admin to assign
- 'N' = Privilege is not available for assignment within the system by anyone
Power User Can Assign:
- 'Y' = Privilege is available for assignment by a Power User to other Users
- 'N' = Privilege is not available for assignment by Power User (may be available to Admin users based on previous column value
- Admin Users can edit any Privilege by selecting the Edit icon on corresponding row
- The choices are pretty easy!
- Obviously, the PU cannot assign if the Privilege is not included