How to chart only the Top <N> values and Group remaining as 'Other'
This article describes how to create a Chart that will only display the Top <N> dimension values on a Chart and group the remaining dimensions into a category of 'Other'.
If creating a new chart for your report, see: Develop Report Chart based on the Result Set
1. Access the Report Editor for Selected Report
In this example, we are modifying an existing Chart.
2. Chart Editor displays
- Set Include column values to "largest"
- Input the number of top values to be included
Save & Publish
3. Chart with all values displayed
4. Chart after changes applied
Note how all values outside of the top 7 are combined as 'Other'.