Source a Report from An Existing Report
Data that has already been uploaded or collected for a Report can be used to create a new Report. The Data Source "Existing Reports - SQL" allows you to do this. It is necessary to construct a fetch command that collect data from the source Report.
Alternatively, see Source a Report from Metrics for more details as the additional steps are the same.
1. Access Report Editor > Data tab
On the Report Editor:
- Data Source: select "Existing Reports - SQL"
- Click on Data icon to view the reports that have been saved as source tables
- Open the Available Reports drop-down list to select a source Report and view its associated fields. The criteria for turning any Report into a source for other Reports is listed in the Step below.
- In the SQL Statement using Report Names and Columns text box, define the fetch command required to extract data from existing Report's Result Set tables
- Alternatively, Use a SQL Builder tool to select report(s)
NOTE: Approach constructing the fetch command in the same manner as sourcing a Metric from an Existing Report (see Source a Metric From an Existing Report).
1.1. Choosing a Report to be a source
Those Reports with both of these settings in Data Collection tab set to 'Yes' will have data available and will be displayed via the Data icon in prior step
- Snapshot Report = "Yes"
- Use Report as Source = "Yes"
2. Impact on Historical Data
When you Validate the report SQL:
- The Sample Result Set display shows the columns collected from the source Report
- Enable & publish to complete the Report