Create a Change Report
Change Reports provide the ability to effectively analyze trends in data over a period of time.
This article describes how to create a Change Report utilizing the Metric Insights application.
Prerequisite: A Snapshot Report must be created in order to perform data analysis within a Change Report. Learn how to create a Snapshot Report
1. Access New > Report
2. Input Definitions
2.1. Key Fields
In this example, we use Product Name as the identifier to base our comparison.
Add any desired Filters:
- Click + Add Filter
- Select the Report Instance to compare
- Select Column to compare
- Choose Filter option
- Select the basis on which to compare
- Input desired Value for comparison
In this example, we are looking for items whose prior order amount is more than 25% of the current order amount.
2.3. Columns to fetch
Select the Columns to be displayed in the Change Report
2.4. Report Columns
Optionally, the Report display can be customized using the following options:
- Modify the Display Name of the column header
- Select to have values appear as Currency
- Format numeric value display
- Enter a Description that will be displayed on hover of the column
- Select the columns to appear in the Results
- Choose to have Totals displayed for numeric data
- Modify the display order of the columns on the Change Report
- Add a custom formatted field to the report if you like