Source Dimensioned Report Data from CSV File
Sourcing Reports from CSV files has been greatly simplified by:
If the data for your report is to be collected manually, you can uploaded it as a CSV file (delimited by a comma or other character). This feature is available for:
- Windows OS
- Mac OS (save your Excel file as a CSV file to use this method)
- CSV file requirements: If you are uploading data for multiple Dimension Values, confirm that the CSV file that you plan to use contains the Dimension Values in Column A
For Undimensioned Reports see Source Undimensioned Report Data from CSV File
1. Load Data
- In the Report Editor open the Data tab
- Data Source: select the 'CSV or Excel File' option from the drop-down list
2. Define the date for which you want you data to be displayed
The Load From File pop-up opens.
3. Select the file and load
- Confirm that the Delimiter character is the same as in your CSV file
- Select the CSV file containing your data from your local machine
Once the required file is browsed, click Import
4. Review Results
NOTE: If any errors are encountered in the CSV file, you will receive information to allow you to correct the problems.
- Note that the Sample Result Set shows the data uploaded
- Each Column from the CSV file is listed in the Report Columns grid. You can move them using the arrows at the end of the row.
- If you are ready to generate the Report click Update live Report