Create a Measure (Version 4.2 / 5.0.x)
This functionality is obsolete since the Version 5.1.x.
A Measure is used to identify what is being computed in a metric or report (for example, Revenue, Sales, Orders, Customers, etc). The Measure for an element appears in the Measure of field in the element Editor and is used to generate a default name for the element.
Generally Measures are added when a Metric or Report is created (either via Editor or Wizard). There is also a link to the page containing all existing Measures on the full Admin menu. It is recommended that you create a distinct Measure for each KPI that you plan to track in Metric Insights. The Measurement Interval drop-down list on element Viewers allows accessing elements with the same Measure but different Measurement Intervals.
1. Options for adding a new Measure
New Measures can be added via one of the following options:
2. Configure the Measure
- Name: Enter a unique descriptive title for the Measure
- For this Measure: If there are any expectations as per this Measure, select one of the corresponding options from the drop-down list
- Data Values are: Select whether data values of this measure should be 'integer' or 'decimal'
- Show Values as currency?: Set this field to 'yes' if you want a currency symbol to be displayed on the Chart or Report
- Values Additive across time periods? field will be set to 'yes' if, for example, the daily values can be aggregated to create weekly and monthly values
- Aggregation Function: Use the drop-down list to select a method of accumulating element values using this Measure
- Parent Measure: Optionally you can configure this new Measure to have a Parent Measure that is used to group related Measures together; e.g., grouping "Retail" and "Wholesale" sales together under "SalesP the Parent Measure selected from the drop-down list of existing Measures
Save your changes