Find Related elements from Viewers
If you want to extend your analysis by looking at other Metrics and Reports that contain the information that may be relevant to the element being viewed, the See Related button on the Viewer provides links for immediate access. This drop-down list contains other elements that contain common or similar information.
Selecting links to other elements, one by one, allows you to open and explore other elements and analyze trends to gain more insight into the results. The See Related button provides you with quick navigation to the selected element. The See Related drop-down list is available on Metrics, Multi-Metrics and Reports.
NOTE: The See Related drop-down list only contains elements that a user has permission to view
1. Open an Element's Viewer
- To open the list of elements that have common or similar information with the element being viewed, click See Related. The drop-down list with elements opens.
- If you are searching for a specific element(s), enter its full name or key word into the Search field.
- Each entry contains an icon defining the element's type
2. Related elements by 'Measurement Interval'
3. How is 'See Related' drop-down list populated?
3.1. Basic Rules for Metrics
Elements are 'related' based on settings in the element Editor. Elements appear in the See Related list if either of the following conditions is true:
- Both Measure of and Measured fields have the same value. (For example: any element that measures "Sales" on a "Daily" basis.)
- Elements have at least one Topic the same as the Metric has
In addition, the following rules apply to Metrics/Multi-Metrics and Reports:
- Collecting is field should be set to 'enabled' for the element to be included into the list
- If the "related" element is already included in the Measurement Interval drop-down list, it is not included in the See Related list.
3.2. Special Rules for Reports and Multi-Metrics
Elements appearing in the See Related drop-down lists of Multi-Metrics and Reports follow similar rules:
- Since Multi-Metrics and Reports do not have Measure Of specified, elements having the same value in the Measured field are included into the See Related list
- Elements have at least one Topic the same as the Multi-Metric/Report has