My Notifications (Overview, Set up, Turn on / off) (Versions prior to 5.1)
In the Notifications Editor, you can customize a number of essential features of Metric Insights, such as Alerts, Favorites, Bursts, Schedules, your Personal Preferences.
Metric Insights offers several kinds of Notifications which give you freedom to choose what you would like to be informed about either immediately or in an email Digest.
My Notifications screen provides a way to see overall history and maintain email addresses
- The Notifications table displays all of your subscriptions, their delivery schedule, email address they are sent to and the last sent date/time. To subscribe/unsubscribe from receiving notifications select/clear check boxes and click Save changes.
- You can configure notifications behavior by clicking a Gear icon in the respective row.
- Notification History is the list of all notifications previously sent to you
||Available Distribution Methods
||If you open a Homepage and look at the upper section of the Left Sidebar, there is a list of your Favorite Folders. Alternatively, access My Notifications > Favorites.
These Favorite Folders were either created by you or shared with you.
You can choose to send updates per any or all of them on a specified schedule.
Requesting a Favorite Digest
|Burst (Optional)||Burst is a scheduled email notification with updates per selected element(s). (In contrast to Favorite Digests, it is an update sent to multiple users at once. For example, a weekly "Top Performers" Burst to a sales team.)
Creating a Burst
||Alert Rules can be created for Metrics, Reports, and External Reports.
For example, an Alert Rule can fire when a number of units sold reach the lower threshold level. All users subscribed to this Alert are going to get a notification via their preferred Distribution method.
NOTE: When such Alert Rule is created, a default distribution method (immediate / email digest or browser only) is assigned to it, but when a user subscribes to this Alert Rule, he can choose his preferred method
Setting up Alerts
||See: Immediate Alerts
Alert Digest is sent on schedule and includes updates for all Alerts fired since the last email.
||You can get either digests or immediate notifications for collaborative items:
|Expired Element Digest
||Depending on your selection, this Digest can include:
If you want to stop Notifications from being sent to you, you can either turn them off completely or unsubscribe from specific Types of Notifications, which are described above.
All Notifications are off
At the top of My Notifications screen, you can toggle Notifications OFF, which will stop ALL of your notifications from being sent to you.
All Notifications are off.
You will still be able to receive emails on elements or collaborative data that others have shared with you.
NOTE: Even if notifications are off, you can receive notifications related to Favorites and Bursts upon request by clicking Send now in the corresponding tab.
Notifications not enabled
If you are unsubscribed from specific Notification types (as shown in the picture above for Alert notifications), you are not going to receive such Notifications, even if you subscribe to them in the Element Viewer:
Notifications not enabled
- In this tab, you can see all elements with the Alert Rules you are subscribed to.
- To delete multiple subscriptions, select the elements > Delete Selected subscriptions button becomes active. Alternatively, you can delete subscriptions one by one by clicking a Trashbin icon on the respective row.
- You can set up Alert settings and subscriptions in this tab. To learn how to set up Alert, see Setting up your Alerts using Alert Editor
In this tab, you can see all your Favorite folder and any Favorite folders that other created and have shared with you.
The functions performed here are explained in detail here: Using Notifications: Favorites Editor to Maintain Favorites
NOTE: Even if all notifications are disabled, you can receive current information on elements contained in the Favorite folders by clicking Send now at the bottom of the Favorites tab
Burst is a scheduled email notification informing Users about updates for selected element(s).
- The Bursts table displays all created bursts, along with the associated schedule, number of recipients and last sent date and time
- The [+ New Burst] button functions are covered in this article.
NOTE: Even if all notifications are disabled, you can receive Notifications for Burst(s) selected from the list by clicking Send now.
When users subscribe to receiving notifications for Alerts, Favorites, Collaborative content, Bursts or expired elements, they can specify how frequently the system should distribute these notifications. Along with the predefined frequencies (such as 'Hourly', 'Daily', etc.) available in the system, each user can create custom Notification Schedules.
To learn how to create new Notification Schedules, refer to Managing Notification Schedules