Making Bulk Changes to Elements
Bulk change feature helps saving a lot of time and instead of changing a specific setting in each system element separately it allows changing the value of a certain field (setting) for the several selected elements.
Bulk change feature is available for all system elements: Metrics, Multi-Metrics, Reports, External Reports or Other External Content.
1. Access Content > Elements
- The list of all elements available in the system opens
- Check the boxes for the elements where the same settings should be changed to a common value
- Click Bulk changes at the bottom of the page
The Choose field and New Value pop-up opens.
2. Choose the field and select the setting which should be applied to all selected elements
- Select the field which should be changed for all elements. In Version 3 and prior only element visibility on the Homepage and Topic can be changed in bulk
- This filed is dynamically changed depending on the option selected in the field above
Options available for Bulk Change:
- Topic: Define a single or several topics that unite selected elements. For more details, see: Create a Topic
- Category: Select a common category from the drop-down list. For more details, see: Create a Category
- Business Owner: Select a new business owner of the defined elements from the drop-down list. NOTE: Making either a Regular or a Power User the Business Owner of any Element provides NO View Access to the element or access to its Dimension/Values (if any).
- Data Collection Trigger: Define a common trigger for the selected elements by choosing one of the Data Collection Triggers from the drop-down list. For more details, see: What are Data Collection Triggers?
- Statistical View - Standard Deviation: Provide the value of Standard Deviation and leep in mind that it will be recalculated for the ENTIRE metric history and affect all alerts on 'Unusual Value'. For more details, see: How are Moving Average and Standard Deviation calculated in MI?
- Moving Average: Specify the interval for which moving average should be calculated. For more details, see Add a Moving Average line to a Metric chart
- Chart Data Expiration: Define the time period after which the chart data shall be considered expired if it is not updated
- Show Min Ever / Show Max Ever:
- Show Summary: You can enable Statistics summary information (Current Value, % Change, 10 Day Avg, linked elements, etc.) for multiple Metrics at once. Summary information is only applicable to Metrics and is shown at the right of the Metric Viewer. For more details, see: Statistics summary information
- Enabled/Disabled: Define whether selected elements should be enabled or disabled. NOTE: Only elements that have been successfully validated will be enabled.
- Global Access: Setting access to public will make elements accessible to everyone, regardless of account login.
- Visibility: Define whether the element should be visible on the Homepage.