What are the implications of sharing a folder that other users can 'maintain' ?
This lesson will explain the differences on sharing a folder where 'Users can maintain content' vs sharing without allowing users to maintain the content.
- Elements added or deleted from the Owner's version of the Shared folder will be added or deleted from all Users/Groups versions
- If the User can maintain the content of a folder shared with him, he can also add or delete elements from his version (only) of the folder
- Users unable to maintain content, do not have the option of adding or deleting elements from this folder on their Homepages, but they may re-arrange the display and control the settings for their own version.
1. Can a User delete an unwanted Shared Favorite folder?
- If the User can maintain the content of a folder shared with him, he can delete the entire folder.
- Users unable to maintain content, do not have the option removing the Shared folder nor they cannot remove or add any elements.
2. What happens if an Owner deletes the entire folder after it is shared?
A Shared Folder cannot be deleted by the Owner until she has 'Unshared' the folder.
See How to Unshare your Favorite folder for details.