Bulk-loading External Reports for Tableau
You: "I have 50 workbooks in my Tableau server. I know the process of manually adding them one by one but it is taking a long time"
Metric Insights: "We do indeed have a bulk-load feature for External Reports. You do not need to provide links for the workbooks - Metric Insights will create them"
Below are the steps for using the bulk import for tableau.
1. Access New > Bulk Add Ext. Reports > select one of the previously created Data Sources from the opened list.
NOTE: This method is only available for Tableau data sources. If there are no data sources in the list, create a Tableau connection by following steps in ont of these articles:
2. Select the workbooks you'd like to import
- Select the Tableau connection (these connections are created at Admin > Data Sources)
- Optional. Provide the name for the reports you are going to fetch. Click Show Example to make sure your name is correct.
- Select the items you would like to import
- Choose whether you want report images to be updated automatically, and if 'yes', choose a trigger for it. For more information on triggers refer to: Automating the Collection of Data
3. Review the import results
Next, select the action you would like to proceed with.