Establish connectivity to Google Analytics
This article describes how to connect to Google Analytics in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
- Before you use any Google plugin resources, you must have registered your server with Google. See Integrating Metric Insights with Google Services for more information.
- Creating Google Plugin Data Sources in Metric Insights requires the usage of Client Credentials. For details, check Obtaining Client Application Credentials from Google Projects
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
- Select "Other" and choose "Google Analytics" from the drop-down list
- Data Source Name is defaulted but you may modify it
- Client ID: enter the Client ID Token for authentication
- Client Secret: input the Client secret
- [Save]: you need to save your settings before you can get the Token
- Click [Get Token]. The token will be provided only for a specific Google account, so the system will prompt you to select the account you want to use.
On the Google sign-in pop-up, select the account for which the Token will be generated.
- After accepting the access request from Metric Insights, you will be provided with a Token.
Having obtained the Token, you can configure Optional and Advanced Settings:
- GA account Filter List: optionally, filter Google Analytics Objects by Account(s). Objects from the specified account(s) will be used to create Datasets and Elements in Metric Insights.
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Google Analytics plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Google Analytics Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to the Data Source to Groups or Power Users