Create Report from a Google Spreadsheet (prior to 5.3)
A Metric Insights element can be populated automatically based on data fetched from a Google Spreadsheet.
You must have created a Google Spreadsheet Plugin that is set to access Google Spreadsheets to serve as your Data Source.
The example given in this article is for creating a Report.
1. Access New > Report
- Name the Report: Define a unique descriptive name of your element
- Reported: choose the measurement interval from the drop-down list
- Category: define a category this element belongs to
- To move on to defining data collection details, click Next: Define Report
2. Full Editor displays the Data Collection tab
- Data Source: select the account you have created for Google Spreadsheet
- Data Collection Schedule: Specify the trigger that will be used to collect the data for your Report
- Google Spreadsheet: Choose the file which should serve as a basis of a future Report
- Input Plugin Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Google Spreadsheet (manually or using the Visual Editor)
- Once you are ready with your command, click Show Data.
2.1. Example using the Visual Editor
The Google Spreadsheet Query Builder allows constructing commands without the need to learn the plugin syntax and avoiding typos/mistakes.
- Select the fields for your element
- Optionally, add Filters
- Optionally, add Group By criteria
Save your settings. Plugin command validating will start automatically.
3. Plug-in command will be validated and Data Collected on Save from Visual Editor
If the command is validated successfully, the Sample Results set is going to be shown below.
At the upper right corner of the screen click Enable and Publish