Create Dataset from OLAP
This article will show you how to create a Dataset using an OLAP plug-in as a Data Source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to OLAP.
2. Complete Info Tab
- Measured: Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Name: Give the Dataset a descriptive name
- Category: Select the category where the Dataset will be placed
3. Complete Data Tab
- Data Source: Select the OLAP Data Source from the dropdown menu
- Data collection trigger: Specify the Trigger that will be used to collect data for your Dataset
- Plugin command: Input an MIQL command listing all data that needs to be fetched from the server
- [Enable & View]
4. Create a Report
In the Dataset Viewer access Actions > Build Report. The Report Editor opens in a separate tab. For more information on Dataset Reports creation, refer to Dataset Reports Overview.