How to collect data using Elasticsearch
This article will show you how to create an Element using an Elastic Search plug-in as a data source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to Elastic Search.
1. Access New > Dataset > Create New
The Editor for Datasets will open on the INFO tab.
2. Dataset Editor - Info tab (the basics)
- Reported: choose the measurement interval from the drop-down list
- Name the Report: Use a unique descriptive name
- Category: define a category this element belongs to
To move on to defining data collection details, open Data tab
3. Data tab
- Data Source: select the account you have created for Elasticsearch
- Data Collection Schedule: Specify the trigger that will be used to collect the data for your report
- Input Plug-in Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Elasticsearch. For more details refer to Elasticsearch String Query Guide
- Once you are ready with you command, click Show Data.
4. Plug-in command will be validated and Data Collected on Save from Visual Editor
If the command is validated successfully, the Sample Results set and Report columns are going to be shown below.
At the upper right corner of the screen click Update live Report
5. [Optional] Snapshot Report
You can choose to keep the history of data changes by turning this Report into a Snapshot Report. For more details refer to: How to create a Snapshot Report