Establish connectivity to Adaptive Planning
An Administrator can use the process described in this article to create a new Plug-in Data Source that is required to allow Elements to fetch data from Adaptive Planning to create a visualization in Metric Insights.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Adaptive Planning" from the drop-down list
3. Provide Required Adaptive Planning Parameters
Specify how to connect to Adaptive Planning. The parameters include:
- Data Source Name: Will default but you may modify it.
- Username / Password: Note that your Username must be in the same format that your Adaptive Planning server uses for authentication
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
- Save your entries
4. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users