Create an External Report from QlikView
This article will show you how to create an External Report that is linked to a report from your QlikView server.
See how to set Filters and Defaults for this report here
1. Access New > External Report > QlikView
The New External Report screen opens. Provide the following information:
- Give your new External Report a Name
- Report Type: If there is no required Report Type in the list, click the Plus (+) button and create a new one.
Define whether you want report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automatic Collection, define the following settings:
- Define the Report Image Trigger from drop-down list
- Select the Plugin Connection Profile you have created for Qlik View. For more details refer to: Establish Connectivity to QlikView
- Report: Select a required workbook available from the selected connection profile
- Click Next: define details to proceed with Report creation.
2. Full Editor displays the Images and Links tab
- Choose whether to Show report in the Metric Insights 'Viewer' or in an 'external web page'
- The External Report URL will be generated automatically based on your other inputs
- Collect image
- Enable & Publish
NOTE: If you chose 'Show report in External Web Page' in Step 1, you will not see your new report in the Metric Insights viewer when you are finished. If you want to see your new report, you can go to the Homepage and click the tile for your new Report. Alternatively, you can open the Elements List under the Admin menu on any page.
3. Dimensioned Report - using specific set of selections
This section describes how to configure your External Report to show selected values in your QlikView dashboard.
3.1. QlikView dashboard with selected values
In this example, the chart is displayed for Canada in the country filter.
3.2. Dimensioned External Report - Set dimension
Go to the External Report Editor > Info tab and set the Dimension with the value that contains the Selection Values used in your QlikView dashboard.
In this example, the 'Country' Dimension contains the same dimension values as Country filters used in Qlik View. The dimension values are:
- United Kingdom
- United States
3.3. Dimensioned External Report - Set filter value
Once you made this External Report dimensioned, you need to also define a Filter Value for that Dimension. See Pre-filtering QlikView Data
3.4. Dimensioned External Report on the Homepage
Once published, the Metric Insights External Report will collect the images for each Dimension value, and when clicked, the live QlikView dashboard with the selected value will be displayed.