Establish Connectivity to Sisense
This article describes the process of creating plug-in Data Source to connect to the Sisense server. This Data Source will allow data from existing Sisense objects to be used in building elements using Metric Insights tools.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Sisense" from the drop-down
3. Provide Required Sisense Parameters
Specify how to connect to Sisense. The parameters include:
- Data Source Name: Will default but you may modify it.
- Server: The URL to use for creating UI links back to your Sisense server
- Username / Password: Note that your Username must be in the same format that your Sisense server uses for Authentication (it may be an email address)
- Save your entries and Test Connection
4. Advanced Configuration
External Reports fetch method: This setting influences options available in the Sisense Report List tab:
- automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users