Create a Dimension with values automatically fetched from Sisense
- Go to Admin > Data Sources. The list with all data sources created in the system is going to be opened.
- Select the plugin you plan to use as a Data Source for the future Dimension. Alternatively, crate a new one: Establish Connectivity to Sisense
Metric Insights extracts data from the QlikView server in the form of reports. Information obtained from these external reports is further used as data source for MI elements: Metrics, Reports, Datasets, etc. QlikView Reports can be added in the Plugin Editor. There are two options to add reports to the plugin:
- Automatically: If the External Reports fetch method field is set to 'automatically', go to the QlikView Reports List tab and simply click Refresh list to collect all QlikView reports currently available at the server
- Manually: You can also update the QlikView Reports List by adding report IDs and Names one-by-one or via a CSV file
- Go to Content > Dimensions. The list with all dimensions created in the system opens.
- Click [+ New Dimension]
Provide the basic Dimension definition information, paying attention to:
- A unique Name for your Dimension
- Value Source: Specify how Dimension Values will be collected for the new Dimension. In this example, we are selecting 'Sisense' plugin from previous steps which is going to serve as a data source
- Report: Define the Sisense item report that contains the required values in the Select Report pop up. In our example we need to fetch Division Values, so we have selected a 'Sales by Country' item since it contains the info we are looking for.
Save your entries. The Dimension Editor opens.
1. You can enter the command manually
2. Use a Visual Editor and choose the required fields
You can now use this Dimension to create dimensioned Metrics, Reports and External Reports from Sisense.