Establish Connectivity to Re:dash
This article describes how to connect to Re:dash server in order to use its reports as Data Sources in Metric Insights.
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plug-ins can be found here.
[Release 6.x]: 'Remote Data Collector' renamed to 'Remote Data Processor'
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Re:dash" from the drop-down list
Move to the Next step
3. Provide the Required Re:dash Parameters
- Re:dash API key: enter the API key from your Re:dash Profile settings. It can be used either alongside or without the Username/Password credentials.
- Re:dash Server: Define the server protocol (http or https) and a hostname.
- Username: Note that your Username must be in the same format that your Re:dash server uses for authentication.
- Plugin Password: enter your password credential.
- Save your entries.
- Test Connection.
If your connection is successful, you may move on to Advanced settings.
3.1. Where to find the API key in Re:dash
- Access your profile Settings
- Find the API Key field
4. Advanced Settings
- Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default. If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector].
Generate Object List:
- automatically: just click Refresh metadata or use the Trigger function displayed below
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data from Re:dash.
- Object Selection Method: specify how Re:dash objects will be fetched.
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Objects for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users