Create a Dimensioned Legacy Report
Creating Reports has been enhanced and simplified by the introduction of Datasets. See the following articles:
This article provides an overview of the process used to create a Dimensioned Report using a batch-collected Dimension.
This article outlines additional items required to setup a Dimensioned report. For other option, see Create a Simple (Undimensioned) Report.
You must first Create a Dimension with Automatically Collected Values before following the process described in this article.
1. Access New > Report > Legacy report (Versions 6x)
- Measured: Choose a Report interval
- Dimension it by: leave blank
- Name: must be unique
- Description (optional):
- Category: select a Category for your report
- Put in Folder (optional): select a Folder to contain your report
- Tags (optional): Tags (are referred to as Topics in Versions prior to 5.1): Tags / Topics are used to relate elements to each other for purposes of identifying similar Charts when the See Related drop-down list in the Metric Viewer is populated allowing a more in-depth analysis of trends. For details refer to: Create a Topic / Tag
Next: define details
1.1. (Optional) Info field updates - select the Info tab
- [6.1.0] As of Release 6.1.0, it is possible to flag elements and then Migrate Content using our Export/Import Migration Scripts. Click for details: Scripted Migration via Category and Element Editors
- Certified: Certification is a means for Admin and Power Users to identify elements that have been approved as being valid and accurate. For details refer to: Certifying an Element
Move to Data tab
- Provide a unique descriptive Name for your Report
- As for the Report Type, select 'Standard Report'. For more information on Change Report option, see Create a Change Report
- Select a Reported Interval from the drop-down list
- Optionally select a Category
- Select 'yes' as you are to create a dimensioned Report and assign a dimension to a report (select an existing one or create a new one the go)
Next: Define Report
3. Data tab - Return Dimension Value as first Column
NOTE: The first column returned by the data fetch command should be the Dimension value.
4. Dimension Drop-Down Appear after Report Is Enabled
There is NO Dimension Total in the Dimension Value pick list on a Report