Prerequisites for connecting to Tableau server
These prerequisites should be taken into consideration before moving on to:
1. Define whether your Tableau server has secure connection
Define what type of protocol is used to connect to your tableau server:
2. Make sure that XML API is enabled
1. Enter the data below on the Command line to verify whether the XML API is enabled
2. If you receive this result, the XML API is enabled
3. If you receive 'This site can't be reached' message, the XML API is disabled, refer to Tableau API Guide
3. Trusted Authentication
If the Trusted Authentication is set up at your Tableau server, you should define your Metric Insights instance's IP or Host name as "trusted". Follow the link to get step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
4. Certificates for secure connection
In case your connection to Tableau server is secure, Enable Mutual SSL Authentication from Tableau Plugin.