Establish Connectivity to Tableau Server
This article describes how to connect to Tableau in order to load data into Datasets and create Elements in Metric Insights.
- Connectivity to Tableau server. Follow instructions in Prerequisites for connecting to Tableau server
- For embedding, verify that Clickjack protection is disabled on the Tableau side
- If Tableau is inaccessible because it is behind a firewall or for other reasons, then you will need to Establish Connectivity to Tableau via a Remote Data Processor
- The latest: Tableau 2022.1.2
- The oldest: Tableau 2020.1
NOTE: Versions outside of this list may be supported but are not actively tested. If you have an older or newer version, please work with [email protected] so that we understand your requirements.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+New Data Source]
- Choose Tableau from the Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
- Input a descriptive phrase in Data Source Name
- Select the required Auth Type
- For Password, use the Tableau credentials as shown on the screen
- For Identity Profile, select the existing Identity Profile in the Identity Profile field that will appear instead of Username and Plugin Password
- Specify the URL to the Tableau Server
- Provide the Tableau Site ID
- Enter Username and Plugin Password that you use to log in to the Tableau server (this must be a Local account)
Optionally, toggle on:
You can edit any values in the Optional Tableau Parameters grid by clicking the gear icon in the corresponding row:
To get the detailed description for each Parameter, see Tableau Parameters (Mandatory and Optional)
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
Click [Test Connection] in the upper right corner