How to create a Dimensioned External Report from Qlik Sense
This article will show you how to create a Dimensioned External Report in Metric Insights that is linked to a report from your Qlik Sense server.
1. Access New > External Report > Qlik Sense
The New External Report screen opens. Provide the following information:
- Give your new External Report a Name
- From the dropdown, select a Dimension
- Place your Report in a relevant Category
- Define whether you want Report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automated Collection, define the following settings:
- Choose the Report Image Trigger from the drop-down list
- Select the Plugin Connection Profile you have created for Qlik Sense
- Object: Select a Qlik Sense Sheet (Object) from the corresponding connection profile
- Click Next: define details to proceed with Report creation
2. Report Editor displays the Configurations tab
Show Report in: change from default "External Webpage" if you want your Report to be displayed in Viewer
- You can choose between the iframe and static image options
- If you select iframe, you can specify the Viewer Image Size
- Apply filters to your Report data by clicking [+Qlik Sense Filter]
- Select the Dimension you have used for this Report and all its Dimension Values are going to be loaded to the Values list automatically.
- For details, go to Pre-filtering Qlik Sense data
- The External Report URL will be generated automatically based on your other inputs
- You can modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Test External Report: you can optionally test how your Report will be displayed on External Webpage or in Viewer, depending on the display option selected in #1
- Always collect all instances of external report: Collect all images and cache them on a schedule
- On Demand: only when needed for distribution: Individual images are only collected when they need to be included in an email
- If you choose to show your Report in Viewer as a Static Image, you can optionally Setup image size by clicking the corresponding button.
- If image size is not specified, it will default to 1200 x 800
- NOTE: if you opt to display your Report as a Static Image, make sure you Collect Image before going to Viewer
- Enable and Publish
3. Verify display in Viewer
If your Report has been segmented by a Dimension with Multiple Values, you will be able to fetch and view data for Multiple Dimension Values.
- To learn more, refer to Dimensions with Multiple Values
- Multiple Values Delimiter must be specified in the Qlik Sense connection profile beforehand.
- For details, see Establish Connectivity to Qlik Sense (Step 6. Advanced Configuration)