Create a Dimensioned Multi-Metric
You create a Dimensioned Multi-Metric using the same procedure as for an Undimensioned Multi-Metric, except that once you designate the Multi-Metric as being 'Dimensioned', only Undimensioned Metrics and those Metrics dimensioned by the same value will be available for inclusion.
For more details, view lesson on Creating a non-dimensional Multi-Metric here
1. Access New >Metric > Multi-Metric
- Select a Dimension from drop-down
- ]Next: Define Details] to display the full Multi-Metric Editor.
2. Add a Metric to the Chart
- Open the Metrics to the Chart tab
- Click [+ New Metric]
The Add Metric to Chart screen opens.
3. Select Metrics from the drop-down
- The Metric Name drop-down contains Undimensioned Metrics and Metrics dimensioned by the same Dimension as your Multi-Metric
- Select charting options for this metric
Save and repeat to add metrics as needed.
4. The Metric grid with your choices will be created
5. Specify the charting options in the 'Charting' and 'Advanced' tabs
- Set any additional 'Charting Preferences' for the full Chart
- Change any of the 'Advanced Settings' that you wish
Click Enable & Publish to view resulting Chart
6. Review the Chart
7. Example of how all dimensions of a single metric can be displayed on one chart using a Multi-Metric.
- Add each dimension as a separate metric
- Example of Multi-Metric chart for all dimensions of Weekly Sales by Country Metric